Tuesday, July 10, 2012

WHAT I DID AFTER I PASSED OUT FROM SCHOOL

Duke Jeyaraj

Duke is second from the left in this picture that was taken when he was a school boy in Ida Scudder School, Vellore, which he left in the year 1992. 2012 marks 20 years since Duke finished his schooling 

After School, I did B. Tech. in Agricultural Engineering with Allahabad University and worked briefly in Chennai. That's when I was invited to preach - something I started doing while I was a Scudder Student - in a Youth Camp in Germany. And I quit my job to be able to prepare well to do that. After that assignment in Germany I joined a Masters in Divinity course to train as a communicator of the message of the Bible in a seminary in Bangalore. After this training, I joined as a youth pastor with a church in New Delhi. I got married to Evangelin Early Star shortly later on. After a few other similar assignments that lasted for a few more years, I stated my own organization that would strive to creatively communicate the love of Jesus with those of the Google Generation in the year 2006 and  named that organization, "Grabbing the Google Generation from Gehenna Mission" (G4 Mission). I am an itinerant communicator - founder CEO of this organization based in Hyderabad right now. The magazine published a magazine by the name of "The Days Of Youth" - a mag that wraps Bible truth around contemporary events. I have written two books that brings the Bible's message to present-day youth titled, "Straight Talk" and "The Goodnews for the Google Generation". My work involves speaking to various young people in churches, colleges and corporate companies across India and a few other nations. Clipping of my messages/talks to  young people on topics such as finding purpose in life, sex, love, marriage, etc,  have secured over 60,000 hits on youtube.com (channel: www.youtube.com/visitduke).  I have two children - Dale, son 8 years old and Datasha, daughter 4 years old. I am grateful to God for Scudder school and the classmates of the batch of 92 who were of great encouragement to me. All that I do today, in someway I started doing in Scudder school.

No comments: